This was a Guest lecture at the University College London on 2nd March 2009, by Ann Chapman (email@example.com) who is a Research Officer (Community and Outreach Team), Ukoln, University of Bath.
This presentation was given as part of the cataloguing module for library and information science students at London Metropolitan University.
It sets out the background of, and the international collaborative development process for, RDA. It also outlines how to use the RDA approach to cataloguing and how RDA might impact on catalogues of the future."RDA: Cataloguing in the 21st century"
RDA: a cataloguing code for the 21st century" also by Ann Chapman available at http://www.cilip.org.uk/publications/updatemagazine/archive/archive2008/september/rdachapman.htm.
There have been several other presentations on RDA. Some of these are:
Presentations given at the IFLA Satellite Conference on RDA in August 2008 (all in PDF format):
- Resource Description and Access Overview: History, Principles, Conceptual Models by Barbara Tillett. See also the Speaker notesResource Description and Access: Structure, Content and the Development process by Deirdre Kiorgaard. See also the Speaker notes
Presentation given at the RDA Forum at the ALA annual conference in June 2008:
- RDA Product Development Snapshot by Nannette Naught [ALA Web site - PPT format]
Presentations given at the seminar “Getting Ready for RDA: What You Need to Know” at the ALA annual conference in June 2008:
- RDA Implementation Task Force [ALA Web site - PPT format]
- The Influence of FRBR on RDA [ALA Web site - PDF format]
- An Introduction to FRAD [ALA Web site - PDF format]
(Thanks to Lynda for disseminating some of this).